As previously reported. the Supreme Court handed down its judgment on 15 January 2021, substantially allowing the FCA’s appeals and dismissing the insurers’ appeals. This means that many thousands of policyholders who have cover should now have their claims for coronavirus-related business interruption losses looked at.
The judgment from the Supreme Court and High Court provides policyholders and insurers with clarity about whether customers have cover and can make a valid claim and the amount due to policyholders.
Making a Business Interruption Claim
If you are faced with preparing a business interruption claim, the forensic accountancy team at MCC Accountants can assist you. The intention of business interruption insurance is to put you back into the same financial position you would have been in had the damage and interruption not occurred.
Regardless of the size of your business or complexity of the claim, we can help you with:
- Pre-loss review of potential business interruption exposure
- Calculating business interruption and stock claims
- Reviewing the financial impact of delays in start-ups
- Evaluating product recall and product liability losses
- Fraud and misappropriation investigations
- Providing support when liaising with the legal teams and insurers
- Our Cost could be claimed from your Business Insurance cover
Typical instructions we receive include:
- Loss of profits and income
- Damage to business assets
- Loss of use
- Loss of business value
Contact Us for Help With Your Claim
We provide flexible solutions to meet your requirements and are happy to have an initial confidential chat about a potential case. We have experience of putting together successful claims for our clients, many of whom had felt they could possibly not claim prior to our assistance and advice.
If this sounds like you or you feel you have suffered and are entitled to make a claim, or if you simply want to bounce the idea off someone, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Forensic Accountants now. You can either use our contact form or call us on M: